SUPARTZ has a wealth of experience around the world
- 280 million injections and more than 20 years of use worldwide (1)
- More than 20 prospective clinical trials in the published literature (2)
SUPARTZ has demonstrated efficacy through 6 months (3)
Delivers long-lasting benefits(3)
Provides significant pain relief versus placebo (phosphate buffered saline) in knee osteoarthritis (OA) (4)
Demonstrates significant improvements in multiple clinical parameters (5)
SUPARTZ offers a safety profile similar to saline placebo
No difference in adverse events following SUPARTZ vs. saline placebo (4,6)
Discontinuation rates due to adverse events were 1.8% for SUPARTZ and 3.2% for placebo (4)
- No reports of pseudoseptic reactions in the scientific literature (2)*
*Does not include current prescribing experience.
SUPARTZ contains minimal impurities
- A study of impurities in HA products found that SUPARTZ has less protein content than others (7)
- SUPARTZ also had significantly less bacteria endotoxin content and significantly less nucleic acids/DNA content compared with other HA products (7)
All trademarks acknowledged.References:
- DOF 12000.19. Based on Seikagaku Corporation Annual Report; 2012.
- SUPARTZ file of prospective clinical studies. Regulatory file 29000.142.
- Sun SF, Hsu CW, Hwang CW, et al. Hyaluronate improves pain, physical function and balance in the geriatric osteoarthritic knee: a 6-month follow-up study using clinical tests. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006;14(7):696-701.
- Strand V, Conaghan PG, Lohmander LS, et al. An integrated analysis of five double-blind, randomized controlled trials evaluating the safety and efficacy of a hyaluronan product for intra-articular injection in osteoarthritis of the knee. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006;14:859-866.
- Day R, Brooks P, Conaghan PG, Petersen M, Multicenter Trial Group. A double blind, randomized, multicenter, parallel group study of the effectiveness and tolerance of intraarticular hyaluronan in osteoarthritis of the knee. J Rheumatol. 2004;31(4):775-782.
- SUPARTZ (package insert). Durham, NC: Bioventus LLC; 2012.
- Ohshima Y, Yokota S, Kasama K, Ono H. Comparative studies of levels of proteins, bacterial endotoxins and nucleic acids in hyaluronan preparations used to treat ostheoarthritis of the knee—could residual proteins and bacterial endotoxins relate to complications? Jpn Pharmacol Ther. 2004; 32(10):655:662.