SUPARTZ meets your patients' needs
Since the introduction of SUPARTZ in 1987, more than 280 million injections have been prescribed globally. (1) The total number of worldwide injections of competitors' products is more than 64 million. (2) The #1 choice worldwide (2), SUPARTZ has:
SUPARTZ was found to be more effective than control in an integrated analysis of 5 prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled and multicenter studies (3,4)
Safety similar to saline placebo
In an integrated analysis of 5 clinical studies, adverse events occurred at similar rates in the patients treated with SUPARTZ and those treated with a saline placebo. (3,4)
Still approved for 5 injections, but some patients may benefit from as few as 3 injection treatment courses.
A high level of active ingredient
SUPARTZ delivers up to 125 mg of sodium hyaluronate per 5-injection series.
All trademarks acknowledged.References:
- DOF 12000.19. Based on Seikagaku Corporation Annual Report; 2012.
- DOF 12000.16
- SUPARTZ (package insert). Durham, NC: Bioventus LLC; 2012.
- Strand V, Conaghan PG, Lohmander LS, et al. An integrated analysis of five double-blind, randomized controlled trials evaluating the safety and efficacy of a hyaluronan product for intra-articular injection in osteoarthritis of the knee. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006;14:859-866.
- Synvisc [package insert]. Ridgefield, NJ: Genzyme Corporation; 2010.
- Hyalgan [package insert]. Abano Terne, Italy: Fidia Farmaceuticals, S.p.A. 2011.
- Altman R, Moskowitz R., and the Hyagan Study Group. Intraarticular sodium hyaluronate (Hyalgan) in the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized clinical trial. J Rheumatol. 1998;25(11):2203-2212.
- Euflexxa [package insert]. Parsippany, NJ: Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc.; 2011.
- Orthovisc [package insert]. Raynham, MA: DePuy Mitek, Inc.; 2006.